You can ask any business owner or marketer – what they’d like most in the world? Obviously, they’ll tell you “more customers”. Besides, customers on a business’ wish list, what is next? That’s to drive traffic to their website, as they are focusing all their efforts on getting higher conversion rates. That’s tremendously important for the success of your company.
How do you get people to notice you in the sea? To rise above, you need to understand your users. Usually, many prefer to use Google Analytics in terms of features.
You might be wondering – Google Analytics is the best analytics platform, right!
But Google Analytics is very robust and just difficult to use. If you aren’t able to use tool easily then what is the point?
There is one tool that stands out from Google Analytics alternative is “Matomo”, formerly known as Piwik. This tool, without a doubt, is a free and open-source web analytics application, and is a serious opponent of Google Analytics and a threat to Google Analytics premium.
For all WordPress website owners, you can get the solution that all professionals use, for free!
What is Matomo Analytics?
Matomo is a free WordPress plugin, secure and open – your ethical user insights platform. Matomo Analytics is the #1 used Google Analytics alternative, which enables you to learn how to improve your website, make the right decisions for your business.
This solution offers a powerful range of features, security and protects the privacy of your users, and don’t need to rely on third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to get customer insights to grow your business.
That’s not all, Matomo’s mission is that – you have complete ownership and control over your analytics data. This means that nobody can access your data except you.
That’s wonderful, right!
“There’s no third-party taking ownership, no on-selling of data and no-one looking in” – by hosting webs analytics on your servers.
When you install Matomo….. You’re in full control.
With its time-saving user interface design and out-of-the-box features, it will be easy for you to get insights from Matomo Analytics and learn how to improve your site in just few clicks.
Here’s a great video, Check it out: – https://youtu.be/puxi_Ey0iLc
Let’s move ahead to ever-expanding list of features that Matomo Analytics offers.
It can be very hard to keep track of a bunch of features that Matomo Analytics offer, that helps you to discover blockages and give you the insights to help your website or business succeed.
When you install Matomo Analytics, you can see features such as:
- Real time information updatesYou can see real time flow of visitors to your website. Obtain an in-depth view of your site visitors, pages they have actually visited and goals they have activated.
- Customizable control panelYou can create new dashboards with widget set-up that fit to your requirements.
- All sites dashboardThe most effective way to get an overview of what is taking place on all your websites simultaneously.
- Row developmentYou can get current as well as past statistics information for any row in any report.
- Analytics concerning EcommerceYou can understand and also boost your online business, thanks to innovative Ecommerce analytics functions.
- Goal conversion monitoringYou can track goals and identify whether you’re satisfied with your current business goals. Goals can be triggered as soon as specific page URLs or web page tittles are seen, when visitors remain for a specific amount of time on the website, or when any links are clicked.
- Event monitoringAny type of communication of users on your website and applications can be measured.
- Web content trackingIt can measure all impressions and clicks and CTR for picture banners, message banners and any kind of component on your web pages.
- Website search analyticsKeep track of searches carried out on your internal search engine.
- Customized dimensionsYou can assign any kind of custom data to your site visitors or actions (like web pages, events …) and after that think of reports of how many page views, visits, conversions, etc. there were for each and every customized dimensions.
- GeolocationThis feature allow you to understand accurate statistics about user’s country, region and city. If you’ve live visitor then still you can check all these information.
- Page TransitionYou can check what your visitor did before and after checking any specific page.
- Page OverlayBy using this tool, you can display statistics on top of your website with smart overlay option.
- Site Speed and Page Speed ReportSeamlessly, you can focus on your website speed and understand how sooner your server deliver content to visitors.
That’s not all, Matomo Analytics offers a lot of free features and with paid features you can enhance your web presence to the next level. Top of it, they are not just providing features, they have established amazing user interface by you which you will be able to learn more about your visitors and improve site features in no time.
- Heatmaps and session recordings
- Form analytics
- Media analytics
- SEO features
- Custom reporting
- User flow
Additionally, with these features, Matomo supports over 50 languages, support 100+ currencies and all time zones, and also be accessed via Android and IOS apps.
How to Install Matomo Analytics in WordPress
Installing & Configuring Matomo Analytics is the most easiest part but prior to installation system have by default minimum system requirement to execute it’s functionality seamlessly.
- PHP Memory Limit = 128Mb, 256Mb recommended
- PHP 7.2 and above
- If you owned WordPress multisite, or you’ve more traffic on your website; in any situation developer suggest to use Matomo On-Premise or Matomo Cloud and the WP-Matomo plugin instead
Let’s install Matomo Analytics, we’ve free WordPress plugin available and it will be easy for you too.
Search for Plugins > then click on Add New:
Then after search for “Matomo Analytics” like other plugin search. Once, you found the tool, just click on “Install” button.
Once you install the plugin, you need to click on “Active”.
Now, plugin in activated and it will display to users in WordPress admin dashboard. Next, go to Matomo Analytics > then click on Get Started button
Then after another screen will appear, in this screen you need to find “Enable Tracking Now” button.
That’s it. What next now?
As you’ve noticed, Matomo Analytics is easy to install, configure and ready to use plugin with lot of analytics feature and functionality.
I have strong feeling that you won’t miss Google Analytics anymore, because Matomo offers amazing analytics features, and it’s more streamlines to access traffic data too.
How do you monitor your WordPress site traffic and what’s your view point about the Matomo Analytics? Please let us know in the comment box.